Living History in South Bound Brook and Bound Brook- Experience Living History and learn about the American War for Independence! Enjoy an 18th Century Soldier’s Encampment and Street Battles, Ceremony at Old Presbyterian Graveyard, Sunday Buffet Breakfast, Historic House tours and more! This year’s featured speaker is Glenn Valis.
The two-day program explores the American Revolutionary War during the timeframe of the Battle of Bound Brook and Middlebrook encampments, 1777 – 1779. Learn about and experience this important period in New Jersey’s and America’s history.
Weekend activities include:
- Marching, Drilling and Street Battle Reenactments in Bound Brook and South Bound Brook, featuring American and British units portraying the soldiers of the American Revolution..
- 18th century Soldiers’ Encampment on the grounds of the Abraham Staats House, 17 von Steuben Lane, South Bound Brook, 08880. Come walk through camp and see what life was like for American and British troops during the time of the American Revolution.
- Historic house tours: The Abraham Staats House, with the original structure c. 1740, was home to the Staats family for nearly 200 years and served as the headquarters for George Washington’s “Drillmaster” Baron von Steuben.
Presentations and Exhibits at the Abraham Staats House include:
- Glenn Valis – (Sunday, 1:00 pm) – Presentation: “The Partisan War-January to June 1777”
- Tom Harabin, Vice-President, Friends of Abraham Staats House, will perform music and talk about the music and instruments of the Colonial Era (throughout the weekend).
For more information click here.