- This event has passed.
Easter Egg Hunt at the Historic Village at Allaire
Saturday, April 15, 2017 at 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Join us for an Easter Egg Hunt! There are over 10,000 eggs in the village. Hunts are divided into age groups: 0-2 (with an assisting adult), 3-4, 5-7, 8-10, and 11-12. A hunt takes place every 15 minutes and hunts are continuous throughout the day from 12pm to 4pm. Pre-registrations is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED; all members of your party must have tickets, not only the children participating in the hunt. Children under 3 years old are free.
Children with special needs are more than welcome to join in and participate either in their age group or in their own hunt. Tickets are available below or over the phone at 732-919-3500. Tickets will be reserved under your name and can be picked up upon your arrival. Registration and pre-registration check in takes place in the Visitor Center beginning at 11am. Egg hunt times are assigned upon your arrival.
Activities for the day include:
- Story time with Clifford the Big Red Dog at 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, and 3:30pm
- Visits from the Easter Bunny continuously from 11am to 4pm
- Bonnet Parade and Contest begins at 3pm in front of the General Store.
- Guess how many Jelly Beans are in the Jar! If you guess them correctly, you get to take the jar home! Jar is located in the Bakery. Winner announced at 3pm by the General Store.
- Historic Building are open for tour and craft demonstrations form 11am to 4pm.
- Face Painting and Balloon Animals continuous from 11am to 4pm.
The Historic Village at Allaire, the non profit living history museum receives no funding from the State of New Jersey and so relies on donations, admissions, and purchases made at the General Store and Bakery to continue teaching the public about life in New Jersey in 1836.
For more information click here.