Batsto Village State Historic Site

Batsto 2Batsto village was founded in 1766 around the Batsto Iron Works by Charles Read of Burlington. John Cox later bought the iron works and made Batsto and important supplier of munitions, kettles, iron fastenings, and iron used for wagons and ships, to the Continental Army. The village was targeted by the same British force that torched the privateering town of Chestnut Neck, but the iron works were spared upon the arrival of Brigadier General Casimir Pulaski and his men. Batsto village is currently a historic village reflecting the agriculture and commerce of late 19th century.

 

Tags:

WP-Backgrounds by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann