Ford Mansion

BCLThe Ford Mansion is operated and maintained within the Morristown National Historical Park system in partnership with The Washington Association of New Jersey. Constructed in 1774 by Jacob Ford Jr., a colonel in the Morris County militia who died from pneumonia just days after the Battle of Princeton, General Washington made use of the house as his headquarters during the winter encampment of 1779-1780. General Washington, along with Martha Washington, several aides-de-camp and over a dozen servants, shared the home with Jacob’s widow, Theodosia Ford, and her children who had only two rooms for themselves. Tours of the mansion are offered regularly with experienced and knowledgeable park rangers.

Tags:

WP-Backgrounds by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann