Washington, Lafayette and Hamilton Bronzes – Morristown Green

GW PhotoOne of the main focal points on the central Green in Morristown, New Jersey is the life-sized sculptural grouping of General Washington, Alexander Hamilton, and the Marquis de Lafayette, known as “The Alliance.” It commemorates Lafayette’s arrival with news of French support for the American cause. Washington used Jacob Arnold’s Tavern adjacent to the Green as his headquarters during the winter of 1777. During this winter Washington ordered the inoculation of his soldiers, saving thousands and preserving his army.

Tags:

WP-Backgrounds by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann