This Georgian mansion was constructed in 1739 by Anthony White and his wife, Elizabeth, the daughter of New Jersey’s Royal Governor Lewis Morris. The White’s son, Anthony Walton White sided with the American patriots against the king in the Revolutionary War. During the British occupation of New Brunswick in 1777, the house was occupied by the Enniskillen Guards. The house, once known as the White House Farm, was given its current name by Colonel Joseph Warren Scott who purchased it in 1821. The mansion and lands were deeded to the City of New Brunswick in 1911 to be used as a park. The Jersey Blue Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution now care for the mansion and offer tours and exhibits.