Constructed in 1741, on a bluff overlooking the prosperous Raritan Landing, this nine-room Georgian manor belonged to Loyalist merchant, surveyor and attorney Cornelius Low, who built extensive Raritan Landing warehouses. Two of his sons, Isaac and Nicholas, were involved in Revolutionary politics. Isaac was elected to the first Continental Congress but never severed his allegiance to the crown. He and his family fled to England in 1783. Nicholas, a Patriot, served as a member of the New York state convention that ratified the Constitution. He bought up some of Isaac’s confiscated properties, resold them and sent the profits to his brother in exile. Their father’s restored house retains original wainscoting, carved woodwork, Delft tiles and an elegant winding staircase. A path with interpretive signage leads visitors to the house. It now serves as the Middlesex County Museum, with changing exhibitions on state and local history topics.