Franklin Inn – East Millstone, NJ


The Franklin Inn, also known as the Van Liew Tavern, located on Amwell Road in East Millstone, was built in 1752 by Cornelius Van Liew. He and his wife and their seven children lived in the house which would remain in the Van Liew family until 1822. It continued to be a tavern and hotel throughout the 19th Century. After it was acquired by the state as part of the Delaware and Raritan Canal State Park, the building was operated as a used book store by local volunteers for many years.

WP-Backgrounds by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann