Nassau Hall – Princeton University – Princeton, NJ


One of the largest buildings in the colonies when it was built in 1756, Nassau Hall on the campus of Princeton University (formerly the College of New Jersey) witnessed the final acts of the Battle of Princeton when Alexander Hamilton commanded his artillery to fire upon the building to convince the occupying British soldiers to surrender. Here too, six years later in 1783 Congress received word the war was finally over, the Treaty of Paris had been signed and the assembled delegates tendered the thanks of the nation to General Washington.

WP-Backgrounds by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann