Saint James Church — Edison, NJ


Saint James Church was established in 1704 and the original structure built in 1724. Considerable military activity and battles took place during the Revolutionary War in the Piscatawaytown area in 1776 and 1777. The Post Road (now Woodbridge Avenue) was a main land artery for British communications and movement of supplies and troops. The British army used St. James Church as a barracks and a hospital from December 1776 to June 1777.

WP-Backgrounds by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann