Van Horne House – Bridgewater, NJ


The Van Horne House was built in 1754 by Phillip Van Horne, a man who was known to entertain both American and British guests, which earned his estate the nickname “Convivial Hall.” During the period known as the Forage Wars, the house was the headquarters of the American Generals Benjamin Lincoln and William Alexander (Lord Stirling) until the April 1777 Battle of Bound Brook, during which Benjamin Lincoln only narrowly avoided being taken prisoner. After the battle the house became the headquarters of a British outpost. The house is now the headquarters for the Heritage Trail Association.

WP-Backgrounds by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann