Wyckoff-Garretson House – Somerset, NJ


The classic early Dutch Wyckoff-Garretson House was constructed in 1730 by John Wyckoff whose grandfather, Peter Claesen Wyckoff, had come to the New World in 1636 as a Dutch indentured servant in New York. John Wyckoff had Dutch carpenters brought in from New York to build the house entirely out of white oak, indicating Wyckoff to be a reasonably successful farmer. The house was enlarged by Samuel Garreston in 1805 to resemble its current structure, which has been restored by the Meadows Foundation.

WP-Backgrounds by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann