- This event has passed.
244th Commemoration of The Battle of Bound Brook
Saturday, April 10, 2021
Join us for this special one-day event, commemorating the American Revolution “Battle of Bound Brook” of 1777. We are condensing this annual event this year, to offer a family-friendly, exciting, and historic program, under New Jersey and local COVID guidelines.
The annual Battle of Bound Brook event, launched in 2001, is focused on the American Revolution during the timeframe of the Battle of Bound Brook and the American army’s activity in the area of Middlebrook in the years 1777-79.
The day’s activities will include free outside activities on the grounds, as well as limited tours of the historic, c. 1740, Abraham Staats House, General Baron von Steuben’s headquarters during the American Revolution – for $5 a person. Visitors can enjoy:
- Throughout the Day: Marching, Drilling and Tactical Maneuvers featuring American and British units portraying the soldiers of the American Revolution.
- Mingle with 18th century Soldiers on the grounds of the Abraham Staats House. See what camp life was like for American and British troops in our colonial past
- Meet Arthur Lefkowitz, who has written seven books about the American Revolution. He will be selling a large number of the reference books he used in his research, as well as some of his own titles. Price range from $10 to $100
- Tour the House: The historic Abraham Staats House, c. 1740, was home to the Staats family for nearly 200 years and served as the headquarters for George Washington’s “Drillmaster” Baron von Steuben. $5 per person. Tours conducted each half-hour, 10AM – 2:30PM. Must Register in Advance, via Eventbrite. Each tour limited to six; social distancing, masks, COVID guidelines apply.
- Enjoy Outdoor Cooking/Camp activities and displays
- Please Note: COVID guidelines will apply, face masks required, social distancing, temperature will be taken prior to entry, sign ins required.
More Information: https://www.staatshouse.org/events/battle-of-bound-brook/