Caldwell Parsonage Open House
Sunday, January 24, 2021 at 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Caldwell Parsonage, former home of Rev. James Caldwell’s family, will host an open house on Sunday, January 24. To maintain social distancing, reservations are required by calling the Union Townships Historical Society at 908-591-4377.
Visitors will be able to:
- collect Union County’s Hannah Caldwell, James Caldwell, and Battle of Connecticut Farms trading cards;
- receive Union County Passport booklets and have them stamped. The Parsonage, part of the Crossroads of the American Revolution National Heritage Area, is an official National Park Service cancellation site;
- view a new exhibit of 10 historic Union documents archivally preserved, partially through a grant from the Union County Office of Cultural and Heritage Affairs;
- purchase 36″ x 48″ reproductions of the Thomas Hughes 1860 Union farm map for $15; and
- enjoy the exhibit of historic household conveniences; farm implements; old TV’s, radios, and office equipment in the Tool Museum in the carriage house.
The following protocols will be observed:
- masks required;
- social distancing;
- sign in with email address;
- temperature checks;
- portable UV sanitizing wand for surfaces; and
- hand-sanitizer available.
While admission is free, the Union Township Historical Society appreciates donations to continue their work.