- This event has passed.
Open House at Caldwell Parsonage
Sunday, January 24, 2021Free
OPEN HOUSE AT CALDWELL PARSONAGE
The Union Township Historical Society will host an open house at the Caldwell Parsonage, 909 Caldwell Avenue, Union, on Sunday, January 24, from 2 to 5 pm. Admission is free. To maintain social distancing, reservations are required by calling 908-591-4377.
- collect Union County’s Hannah Caldwell, James Caldwell, and Battle of Connecticut Farms trading cards;
- receive Union County Passport booklets and have them stamped–the Parsonage, part of the Crossroads of the American Revolution National Heritage Area, is an official National Park Service cancellation site;
- view a new exhibit of 10 historic Union documents archivally preserved, partially through a grant from the Union County Office of Cultural and Heritage Affairs;
- purchase 36″ x 48″ reproductions of the Thomas Hughes 1860 Union farm map for $15; and
- enjoy the exhibit of historic household conveniences; farm implements; old TV’s, radios, and office equipment in the Tool Museum in the carriage house.
The following protocols will be observed:
- masks required;
- social distancing;
- sign in with email address;
- temperature checks;
- portable UV sanitizing wand for surfaces; and
- hand-sanitizer available.
The UTHS had to cancel tours in March, July, and August and programs in April, May, September, November, and December. Each of those would have produced much needed revenue for the centuries-old house. It’s hoped that members of the community would consider an in-person contribution or an on-line donation at unionnjhistory.com