Trenton Battle Monument

 
 
 

A triumphal 148-foot column, crowned by an observation platform and statue of George Washington, marks the high ground from which American artillery fired in the Battle of Trenton. The monument was dedicated October 19, 1893, the 110th anniversary of the British surrender at Yorktown. From the observation platform, visitors overlook the 18th century streets where the battle was fought.