The fall Revolution NJ quarterly update held on Wednesday October 20 is now available via replay on YouTube.
The virtual session includes updates from the New Jersey Historical Commission and Crossroads of the American Revolution on plans for New Jersey’s commemoration of the 250th anniversary of the United States. These include:
- News of Crossroads’ recent and upcoming presentations on Revolution NJ plans to audiences in the travel and National Heritage Area communities.
- Progress on Crossroads’ soon-to-be introduced Ten Crucial Days audio tour.
- Recent grant awards to sites and groups in New Jersey’s Revolutionary heritage community, as well as future grant opportunities from the National Park Service and New Jersey Historical Commission.
- Next steps for the collaboration with Monument Lab, NJ Historical Commission and NJ Arts Council.
- Timelines for professional development offerings, release of the social studies survey and progress on the state historic marker survey.
Guest speaker Kenneth Cohen introduced Made By Us, a collaboration of the nation’s leading history organizations, working together to present history in relevant, timely ways, with and for today’s young adults – for informed civic participation. Lead curator of Made By Us, Cohen is Hintz Secretarial Scholar and Curator at the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History and Director of the Museum Studies Program at the University of Delaware.