Built on a bluff overlooking Watson’s Creek, the Isaac Watson House was built in 1708, and is recognized as the oldest house in Mercer County. It serves as the headquarters of the New Jersey State Society of the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution and was restored by NJDAR in 1964, as part of the New Jersey Tercentenary Celebration.
Isaac Watson was the son of Quakers who came to this country from England in 1684. The furniture now displayed in this fine stone house antedates 1790, and several pieces were made by New Jersey craftsmen. In addition, many articles in the home were donated by New Jersey Daughters.