Batsto Village is a New Jersey historic site located within Wharton State Forest in the South Central Pinelands, which is administered by the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection’s Division of Parks & Forestry. This site is nationally recognized for its historical significance and beauty. Batsto Village is the site of a former bog iron and glass making industrial center (1766 – 1867) that currently reflects the agricultural and commercial enterprises that existed here during the late 19th century. This Pine Barrens village consists of thirty-three historic buildings and structures including the Batsto Mansion, gristmill, sawmill, general store, workers’ homes and post office. Two centuries of American history are available to visitors, with the Pinelands environment as a scenic backdrop.