Van Liew-Suydam House – Somerset, NJ

1322707038854db1fcdf2fd2b6c53c1a754e28bab2

Holding a commanding view of the Six Mile Run Valley, the Van Liew-Suydam House sits atop a hill at the intersection of South Middlebush and Blackwells Mills Roads in Somerville, NJ. The original house was built in the late 18th century by Cornelius Van Liew, who also built the Franklin Inn in East Millstone. The newest and largest portion of the house was constructed in 1875 by Joseph Suydam. The ornate woodworking on the porch and walls clearly demonstrates 19th century Victorian farmhouse architecture.

WP-Backgrounds by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann