Evesham Friends Meeting House is a historic Quaker meeting house at Moorestown-Mt. Laurel and Hainesport-Mt. Laurel Roads (Evesboro Road) in Mount Laurel, New Jersey.
Constructed in 1760, Evesham Friends Meeting House serves as a reminder of the influence of Quakers in Evesham and Mount Laurel’s history. The roots of this meetinghouse can be traced back to English immigrant Thomas Eves who purchased a large tract of land that he sold in 1693 to his daughter Elizabeth Hanke and her husband, William Evans, a Quaker Minister. The simple architecture speaks to the Quaker faith and the culture they produced.
The meeting house also has a small part in military history as General Clinton and his British troops camped on the property one night after vacating Philadelphia on their retreat towards Monmouth in 1778.
A movable partition divides the older, eastern section from the newer section. During the Orthodox-Hicksite split, adherents of the Orthodox view met in the older section, while the Hicksites met in the newer section. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.