John Holcombe, a Quaker then living in Pennsylvania, first bought property in New Jersey in 1705. His initial purchase of 350 acres increased with additional purchases until bis holdings included all of what is now Lambertville north of surveyor John Bull’s line. Holcombe’s purchase from John Way included the property which would many years later become the Holcombe-Jimison Farmstead Museum. Upon his death in 1743, John Holcombe’s third son Richard inherited the farmstead and be in turn willed it to his son, John Holcombe. It left Holcombe family ownership for nearly one hundred years until Milo Jimison bought the farm in 1950. Interestingly, Mr. Jimison was a descendant of the early Holcombe family that originally owned the property.