In the year 1686 the Proprietors of East Jersey sold 500 acres to John Barclay–1687 John Barclay transferred 500 acres to Robert Barclay, Governor of East Jersey for Life–1699 Robert Barclay sold the 500 acres to John Reid–1701 John Reid sold 200 acres to John Bowne–1706 John Bowne sold the 200 acres to Richard Clark who paid 200lb (sterling). He and his wife Anne built the 1st structure which was an 8’x10’ log cabin with a fieldstone foundation. In 1713 they enlarged the cabin to a 20’x25’ house with post and beam construction.
George Walker bought 100 acres for 100lb (sterling) in 1720 from Richard Clark. He then purchased an additional 100 acres for 300lb 8 shillings in 1729 which included the house and outbuildings. He also bough additional surrounding acreage from various people until he owned 300 acres.
There were 3 generations of Walkers that lived on the farm with their extended families. The Walker’s were Patriots during the Revolutionary Period. George (II) and his two eldest sons were in the Revolutionary War-the sons were minute-men and all three were in the Battle of Monmouth. His son George(III) and nephew William Campbell were both wounded but recovered. His nephew George Walker Campbell was a surgeon and his nephew Duncan was a soldier-they were the sons of George Walker (II’s) sister Rachel Walker Campbell.