Smith-Cadbury Mansion, is located in Moorestown Township, Burlington County, New Jersey, United States. The mansion was built in 1738 and was added to the National Register of Historic Places on October 22, 1976.
During the American Revolutionary War, according to oral tradition, the Marquis de Lafayette and his aides were guests of Richard Smith. Less welcome guests were the Hessian General von Knyphausen and his officers. They were part of the British Army which was retreating from Philadelphia on June 19th and 20th, 1778. Tradition states that during their stop at the Smith house the soldiers killed and dressed all the chickens in the parlor and feasted and reveled far into the night.
The Smith-Cadbury Mansion serves as the headquarters of the Historical Society of Moorestown.