The original part of the Wyckoff-Garretson house dates to 1730, while the stone foundation that it sits upon dates to 1709. The newest part of the house is an addition that was built in 1805, doubling the size of the house.
The house is full of artifacts of earlier times, and there is a glass display case that houses the pieces of history that were discovered during an archaeological dig conducted on the site. All three floors of the home are open to the public. There is also a visitor center located on the first floor of the barn that sits at the top of the driveway.
The site is overseen by the Meadows Foundation.