The Bainbridge House


On their retreat through Princeton along the Kings Highway (Nassau Street), Washington’s army would have passed by the birthplace of William Bainbridge, who became a Commodore in the U.S. Navy and commander of “Old Ironsides” (the U.S.S. Constitution) during the war of 1812. Today it serves as a museum and the headquarters of the Historical Society of Princeton. During the Revolution it accommodated members of the Continental Congress when they took refuge in Princeton in 1783.

WP-Backgrounds by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann