A portion of the Hendrick Fisher House may be the oldest structure in Somerset County built circa 1688 for William Dockwra. During the American Revolution the house was owned by Hendrick Fisher, a prominent local farmer and member of the State Assembly. Fisher was present for the signing of the Declaration of Independence and brought home a copy of the historic document which he read to the residents of Bound Brook on July 7, 1776. In April 1777, the British army raided the Fisher homestead and plundered his barn and livestock. Fisher died before the conclusion of the Revolution and his body rests in the family burial ground, in a special fenced section of St. Andrew Ukrainian Orthodox Cemetery. Today the house is owned by the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA and is located on the grounds of the St. Andrew Center.