Crossroads of the American Revolution Association seeks a part time Development Associate in connection with its capital campaign to support Revolution NJ, the state’s multi-year program marking the 250th anniversary of the founding of the United States in 2026. Starting in 2024 and concluding in 2033, the commemoration has the potential to establish American Revolution-related heritage tourism as a long-term economic driver for New Jersey and its communities.
With Crossroads’ executive director and key trustees, the Development Associate will play an integral part in the success of Crossroads’ capital campaign to raise private sector funding for commemorative activities and historic site visitor readiness and infrastructure needs. As the day-to-day liaison between donor prospects and Crossroads, the successful candidate will help the giving community engage in this generational opportunity to capitalize on New Jersey’s untapped heritage tourism potential.
- Capitalize on public and small-group opportunities to share information about Crossroads and the 250th in NJ.
- Initiate and maintain donor/prospect database and tracking systems, with a focus on information integrity.
- Devise and execute donor recognition and acknowledgement processes.
- Work with Executive Director on contact with campaign feasibility team.
- Work with Office Administrator, Vice Chair, Finance and Executive Director on separate account for these funds.
- Assist with design and implementation of major-gifts strategy, including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of donors.
- Oversee grants applications process, including identification of grantors, research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Assist with design and implementation of planned-giving, capital-campaign and annual-campaign strategies, including identification, cultivation and solicitation of donors.
This is a part-time position. The development candidate can work from home but would be expected to be available for in-person and zoom meetings.
Bachelor’s degree required; Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) designation preferred; five years or more fundraising experience; demonstrated foundation relationship-management and grant-writing experience; familiarity with Raiser’s Edge and Blackbaud preferred; facility with Microsoft Office suite; excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills; excellent project-management skills.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit CV and cover letter to Crossroads Executive Director Janice Selinger at [email protected] by July 26, 2021.
Crossroads of the American Revolution National Heritage Area was established by the U.S. Congress in 2006 to connect the people and places of New Jersey’s rich Revolutionary heritage to inspire community pride, stewardship and civic engagement. One of 55 National Heritage Areas in the country, and the only one in New Jersey, Crossroads works with state, local and national partners to promote and enhance the state’s Revolutionary-era historical sites and landscapes. For more information, visit Crossroads’ web site at www.revolutionarynj.org.
Revolution NJ is New Jersey’s commemoration of the 250th anniversary of the founding of the United States. Crossroads of the American Revolution is the not-for-profit partner of the New Jersey Historical Commission in planning observances and commemorations, with support from the NJ Division of Travel and Tourism and the NJ Division of Parks and Forestry.
Crossroads of the American Revolution Association, the federally designated management organization for the Crossroads of the American Revolution National Heritage Area, is an equal opportunity employer.