Crossroads is hiring! Read on to learn about our open Program Manager position.
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Trenton, New Jersey
Type: Full Time, salaried
Crossroads of the American Revolution Association, Inc., is the management entity for New Jersey’s only National Heritage Area. While the federal boundaries encompass 14 counties, Crossroads works throughout New Jersey to foster understanding of the American Revolution in the state where George Washington spent one-quarter of his time as Commander-in-Chief. Crossroads is also the non-profit partner in Revolution NJ, the public-private partnership created to plan for and facilitate the state’s participation in the 250th anniversary of the American Revolution.
The Program Manager serves as the liaison to heritage partners (i.e. historic sites, societies, and related groups) and is the primary “field rep” for partner events, as he/she seeks to build and strengthen partnerships which advance Crossroads’ mission. The ability to do this work is enhanced by good listening skills, a service orientation and a broad understanding of the benefits of successful heritage tourism practices.
Crossroads is in the process of expanding its staff and is seeking either an early or mid-career professional for this immediate opening (salary and responsibilities commensurate with experience).
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop, coordinate and oversee Heritage Partner programs, including new member recruitment and annual renewals, as well other agreements, technical assistance and resource materials that assist Gateway, Regional, and Local partners in program development and marketing of their activities.
- Assist with 250th planning and events for Revolution NJ; provide staff support for advisory working groups.
- Manage key grant projects that promote/collaborate with heritage partners (such as Crossroads driving tour program).
- Plan and execute partner workshops/conferences and other special events, in conjunction with other staff.
- Maintain and update Calendar and Revolutionary News sections of website; research and add events from heritage partners to website.
- Represent Crossroads at relevant public events and conferences; answer requests for Crossroads material and delivery to heritage partners [Requires in-state travel.]
- Prioritize key tasks through scheduling, adjusting plans as needed, project tracking and follow-up; establish evaluation systems to monitor goals and objectives; prepare and maintain progress reports on projects and grants related to program manager’s responsibilities; keep Executive Director informed of emerging trends.
- Ensure that evaluation systems are in place to monitor goals and objectives; report progress to the Executive Director, while keeping the Executive Director informed of emerging issues in the field and partner concerns.
- The ideal Program Manager candidate is a problem-solver who enjoys working with various constituent groups. The successful applicant is a self-motivated, organized person who can undertake projects and special assignments in a collaborative spirit, establish objectives, determine priorities, and keep a team of staff, volunteers, and heritage partners on task and on schedule. This position is public-facing and entails in-state travel to gain or increase a working knowledge of Revolutionary War historic sites, history advocates, community leaders and other supporters.
- A track record of managing collaborative, public-facing education, awareness, and/or engagement projects and working with constituent groups.
- A background or demonstrated interest in history and heritage tourism.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Proficient using standard office software (e.g. Microsoft Office, Publisher, Constant Contact, social media platforms).
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal skills.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Ability to generate enthusiasm and promote collaboration among individuals with varied interests.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with demonstrated success, preferably in the not-for-profit sector.
- Car and valid driver’s license required for in-state travel with mileage reimbursement.
Salary range: $50,000 to $65,000, commensurate with experience. Health benefits and 401(k) plans in place.
Applicants should email cover letter and resume to [email protected], including “Program Manager Job Opportunity” in the email subject line.
Crossroads of the American Revolution Association, the federally designated management organization for the Crossroads of the American Revolution National Heritage Area, is an equal opportunity employer.