Trent House’s annual Hogmanay celebration was the backdrop as Trenton’s mayor, city officials, corporate leaders and representatives from the historic site and Crossroads formally unveiled new Crossroads signage during Patriots Week events in Trenton.
The sign is the latest in Crossroads’ ongoing work to boost heritage tourism and build a prominent identity for New Jersey’s Revolutionary-era sites. Built in 1719 and the city’s only surviving structure from the era, the Trent House celebrates its 300th anniversary this year.
Following the December 29 reenactment of the First Battle of Trenton and before the Hogmanay celebration hosted by the Trent House, Crossroads Trustee Sally Lane and Executive Director Janice Selinger helped unveil new interpretive signage at Trent House, welcomed by the site’s President, Carolyn Stetson.
Trenton dignitaries speaking at the event included Mayor Reed Gusciora; North Ward City Councilwoman Marge Caldwell Wilson; and Recreation, Natural Resources and Culture Director Maria Richardson. Interpretive signage was made possible by generous donations from NJM Insurance Group, represented by Pat Hartpence at the event, and by First Bank, represented by Robert Goldzman. Additional new directional signage was funded through the generosity of Callaway Henderson Sotheby’s International Realty.
Signage sponsorship opportunities are available at Revolutionary heritage sites across New Jersey. For more information, visit our website.